[Roadsters] A few questions

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] A few questions
From: "gregs672liter@netzero.net" <gregs672liter@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 08:23:22 GMT
Ok, now on to another topic... I am redoing my '67 and thinking of replacing
the soft top.  I have seen some that are very thin (cloth?) and fold up a lot
better than the heavy one I have.  Anyone have an opinion?  I rarely use my
top... only if it is gonna seriously rain, so it will be completely covered
most of its life.
Second, does anyone know if the rear aluminum drums are the same as on an
early 240Z?  Saw some on Craigslist and thought about picking them up.
Third, does anyone know if the door hinges vary in thickness or other design
features year to year?  Top to bottom? I have a larger gap (particularly at
the top) than I like on my passenger door to fender and despite all my fitting
efforts have not been able to reduce it as much as I want.  The fender is a
70, which may explain it.  I know, a 70 fender on a 67 2000... shut up!  It's
straight, fits great (now) and rust free and I don't feel like redoing another
one!  Seems to me that it is the door itself that needs to move forward as it
is tight at the rear (shuts fine though).  I thought about actually shaving
down the hinge a bit on both mounting surfaces but some of the holes are
recessed and would become pretty thin.  Anyone?
Finally, what are the dates for Shasta this year?  I see that the 4th falls on
a friday, so I assume it is the following weekend.  Of course, gas by then
will be $5.00 a gallon, and I have to add octane boost in the high compression
beast on top of the premium as it is, so who knows if I will be able to afford
the trip!
Thanks!
Greg Burrows