[Roadsters] OT: Parts Report on British American Tranfer and Focus

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] OT: Parts Report on British American Tranfer and Focus
From: "Jim InVirginia" <nqrithfordatsun@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 07:30:33 -0400
Hello List,

O.T, Focus Parts Source:

My daughters 2000 Focus Sport 5spd needed strut bearings, there was a clunk
and loosness in the top of the strut.

Well, naturally, if your going to pull out struts to fix that you might as
well put in new struts.  And, gee, if your doing front struts you should do
rear shocks to keep everything even.

As I was contemplating these purchases, I happened across the web site for
B.A.T.  British American Transfer....the have a huge list of good
performance parts for many 4 cyl Fords with european roots like Focus.

I noticed they had complete Ford Special Vehicle Team suspensions from a
Ford Overrun buy, since Ford quit making the SVT Focus some time ago.   $295
for springs, shocks, struts, and a fat rear sway bar.

I called and talked to them, and they were very knowlegable on the phone.  A
few days later my parts arrived, factory sealed boxes labled Ford Racing.
How cool!   Yesterday, my daughter and I had a good bonding experience
putting all these parts on the car.  I have to say it totally tranformed the
turn in and ride feel, and handling in general.   But, like the BAT guy
said, this was not a "kid rice rocket" suspension and would still ride well,
which it does.  It is just a bit lower and a whole lot more fun to drive.
Liz loves it, becuase it is now nimble like her first car, an early rabbit.
The clunk in the front is also gone!

The fat rear bar is only about 1/8th thicker than the bar that was there,
and I understand the SVT team kept the front bar the same size, so
everytihing should be balanced at the limit.  I wonder how the car will
autocross????  hehe

Thought I would put the word out, since this list tends to drive other
smaller cars, and there may be a few other Focus/Contour/Fusion/Scorpio
owners out there.

Have a great day,
Jim