Re: [Roadsters] Delco 10SI resistor?

To: "'Pete Peters'" <ppeters914@comcast.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Delco 10SI resistor?
From: "Matthew A. Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 23:29:28 -0400
Sorry. It's kind of a white coil looking thing that goes between the non
insulated ground screw on the voltage regulator (the one closest to the
prong contacts) and the insulated brush mounting screw (the one that the
diodes attach to). It's about 1 1/4 inches long with a contact on each end
for the screws to mount to.
I didn't burn it up, I'm rebuilding a spare alternator which I dismantled
months ago, and that's the one piece I lost. I know I can get one at an
alternator shop, but they're not open on Sunday and I have to be in
Nashville tomorrow night. I figured a parts house may be able to help if I
know what I'm looking for.
I did something very bad to the alternator that's in the car right now.
Suffice it to say that hooking an alternator up incorrectly makes diodes
EXPLODE, not just burn up!  :-(

Oh. Never forget to take out the pin that holds the brushes back during
re-assembly either. HAHAHAHA! Arcing like you wouldn't believe! It was 2
inches long when I put it in. It was half an inch long when I took it out.

Thanks in advance!
Matt - "pounding his head with a ball peen hammer"