[Roadsters] 5 speed transmission help

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net (roadster list)
Subject: [Roadsters] 5 speed transmission help
From: toolmansj2@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 20:22:21 +0000
I currently have my 5 speed completly apart to install new bearings 2 things
came to mind!

1. How can I tell if the syncros are worn out or need to be replaced? I dont
want to just buy new ones just because, they are not cheap. This tranny is a
borg warner type with brass syncros out of a late 69 model.

2. What part of the 5th gear should be welded I cant see anything that would
break loose. I dont have a bad one to compare to.

Any help with these questions will be appreciated
Thanks Shaun Tracy Ca