Re: [Roadsters] Hood Muffling Material

To: "'peter harrison'" <granvillecomputing@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Hood Muffling Material
From: "Matthew A. Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 13:04:20 -0400
Peter wrote:
Thinking of putting some muffling/baffling material under the hood to
quieten things down a bit. Are there any known concerns re engine
compartment temperature?

Peter
Eliza '70 SPL TOADSAN

I just put this stuff on the inside of the hood (double layer actually,
though I didn't really need the second). http://www.lobucrod.com/index.htm

He also sells on eBay (search automotive insulation) and ships quick (FedEx
ground). Mine came a day earlier than FedEx said it would.

It's kind of like some of the material used for windshield sun shades.

It can also be used on the firewall/inner fenders. For the firewall, it will
probably be easier from the inside of the car.

I've already also lined the inside of the door panels. It's getting quieter
all the time. I still have enough to line the inside of the hardtop (once it
arrives).

I'm going to buy a second (4x10) roll to do the interior floor once I decide
to replace the carpet. That should help with the heat and noise from that
exhaust pipe which sits 4 inches from our butts!

Matt Smith
And Loreli