[Roadsters] Yesterday was a great day for a drive!

To: "datsun-roadsters: autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Yesterday was a great day for a drive!
From: <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 8:28:14 -0700
HI all.

Since someone on the list encouraged me to keep posting progress reports I
thought I would share yesterday's fun.

Connie and I took the 1600 out for drive yesterday. Mid 70's and partly cloudy
with no rain in the area (yesterday any way--rain very heavy right now). Had a
couple Imperial IPAs at the Grumpy Troll brew pub in Mt. Horeb, WI. Schooled my
wife in dominoes yet again. Then home to grilled Venison Loin and baked Acorn
squash. Was a great day in all.

I took Hwy 92 to Mt. Horeb--the road I was having fun on summer '06 when I blew
a head gasket. This road has some twists and turns and hills and is good
fun--not nearly as twisty as that road down south with over 100 turns in short
miles, but fun none the less.

This was the longest drive yet since getting back on the road. Car ran like a
dream. Sure wish my speedo worked so I knew how fast I was going. ;-o

I will have to remount the Alt, though, as the two mount set up I have right
now is not stable enough for my tastes. There is another project for this
winter.

No progress on the 2000. Need to finish wiring by GB dizzy and do the timing.
Then figure out why I have no brakes on that car. There is another weekend
project to do before the snow comes so I can drive this car to where I store
it.

PEACE :-)

Tim
Belleville, WI.