Re: VW Minilites for Datsun Roadster?

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: VW Minilites for Datsun Roadster?
From: Brian Reynolds <brianrreynolds@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:18:56 -0500 (EST)
I'm pretty sure that 240Z wheels fit the Roadster, but as Joe said you
have to watch the offset. I have a set of 14x5.5 wire mags with 70 series
tires that come to the edge of the fender flare; and a set of 14x6 "Shelby
CAL 500" slot mags with 60 series tires that go beyond the fender flare
and look strange on the car (they're for sale :)

The set of wheels that were on the car when I bought it were MG Rostyle
steel wheels. They had an offset problem in the opposite direction - the
inside tops of the rear tires would rub against the car body on hard
cornering.

A guy emailed me last year about selling a set of SAAB 900 stock Ronal
alloy wheels, that look like panasports. They were 15x5.5 and he said they
would fit on a Roadster if you used spacers (SAAB is front wheel drive I
think).

Hope this helps.
-Brian
Toronto