RE VW wheels for roadster

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE VW wheels for roadster
From: "Al Boettcher" <datsunsports@rogers.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 11:50:40 -0800
Think outside the box...you can buy a set and have new holes drilled for the
roadster
size..I am sure the rim design will allow for this .Some minilites have this.
You can also
look at have the existing holes elongated to accept the the roadster size.
This works also
since the new are is towards to the outside and the nuts would keep it tight
to the proper
alignment  of center. Since these VW wheels seem cheap the extra cost may not
be
that expensive.  I would not do this for track or racing purposes...just for
street use.

I have concidered doing this to a set of BBS alloys that had a different bolt
pattern . Some
wheels already come with 8 holes for different wheel applications.
Al Boettcher
68 solex...Ottawa