Ball Joint project update Jan 21

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Ball Joint project update Jan 21
From: ljordan704@netscape.net
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 13:42:56 -0500
  To all ball joint buyers
 Hello all,
 Got back from Stockton where I viewed the "impact test"on Tuesday Jan 16, as
well as saw some hardness testing on the metal ball joint sample. Jim
explained some testing parameters also. Basically the part must endure an
bimpactb of a certain amount of weight and force approximately equal to a
bad wreck. The part should bend but not break. Jim said the amount of force
would be approx 13,000lbs+ hitting your car, meaning that everything would be
pretty twisted but the ball joints would be OK. Nice to know! The parts passed
the hardness and impact tests. However one dimensional measurement on the pad
area of the arms was off a bit so Rareparts has ordered a correction from the
Taiwan factory with new samples to be sent.Taiwan must now send replacement
samples which delay the project but I have viewed the testing and have
arranged an independent test of a sample as well. Of course Jim will retest
the new samples he receives.
 Rareparts experience and quality control have helped to ensure that all
critical elements are to spec. Although Jim felt the part might not be a
problem with the slightly off measurement, he wanted it done exactly right.
 With the A arm I brought up to him he can check fit well also.
 So that would just leave the install to be done , which I will do as soon as
the new samples are received.
 I have posted some photos on my Webshots site that I took during testing:
 http://rides.webshots.com/album/554260639QmtrvS
 I have learned that the Taiwanese celebrate some festivals in February so it
is not a full work month, but there should not be any delays after this
phase.
 Any questions please email.
 Thanks,

 Linda

Check Out the new free AIM(R) Mail -- 2 GB of storage and industry-leading
spam and email virus protection.