RE: Grassroots Motorsports back issues online

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Grassroots Motorsports back issues online
From: "andy cost" <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 16:51:15 -0600
I'm a little upset with grassroots right now.  They started out as autocross
magazine years ago.  They expanded to grassroots motorsports and started
including new sorts of amateur racing.  That was OK with me.  Now the
magazine is almost all dedicated to high dollar semi-pro road racing.
Another thing that got me upset is the fact that the 2006 SOLO II Nationals
was not covered until the Feburary issue.  That is 5 months after the event.
Granted the February issue came out in January but that is still 4 months.
The article was buried near the end of the magazine, did not have in-debth
coverage of any of the classes and many classes were not mentioned at all.
The article was short and disappointing.  I'm sure they are getting a fair
amount of criticism from enthusiast like me.  I suspect if you plan to be a
high dollar BMW or Porche road racer then you are content.  For the rest of
us "Grassroots" it has lost it's appeal.  I found one issue buried under a
stack of mail that my wife had scurried away a month earlier.  I hadn't even
missed it.

Andy Cost