Re: Roadster Dashboard Instrument Renovation.

To: "Graeme" <graemes@internode.on.net>
Subject: Re: Roadster Dashboard Instrument Renovation.
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 18:02:38 -0800
> What if the cannister was cut, say 5mm from the bezel, around the
> circumference of the can.

That was actually suggested by one of the listers several years back
as a way to get into the guts. I don't have time right now to find the
actual post to properly give credit, but as I recall his reassembly
technique was to use strips of metal, three or four, placed
perpendicular to the case cut and screwed in. I can picture what
I mean but don't know if this explanation conveys the idea. It may
require countersunk heads to get the clearance to slide the gauge
back into the dash hole.

-- John