Roadster Dashboard Instrument Renovation.

To: "'Autox \(E-mail\)'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roadster Dashboard Instrument Renovation.
From: "Graeme" <graemes@internode.on.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 11:52:15 +1030
Hi listers,
We all know that the bezel on the Roadster instruments make dissembly for
renovation and subsequent re-assembly quite a chore if not a downright PITA.
Here is a wee bit of lateral thinking, theory only at this point.
What if the cannister was cut, say 5mm from the bezel, around the
circumference of the can.
I realise that leaves the glass and bezel still as one, but, would that
allow you to access the needle and dial face for work?
>From what I can determine, the bezel could be re-plated even if the glass is
still mounted in it.
Then I was proposing to fit the can back together around the cut with 60/40
electrical solder.
I have a few spare instruments that I could experiment on but I'd rather
discuss this first.
I value any opinions/experience this group can offer.
Nice and warm in Adelaide!
Graeme S.