Re: The 280 Z wheels

To: <BARTERDUDE@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The 280 Z wheels
From: "Nathan Ruffcorn" <Nathan.Ruffcorn@netcare-il.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 22:12:20 -0600
Mount the wheel with standard tapered lug nuts to center the wheel on the
hub-make these a little more than "finger tight" but dont overtighten or
torque these down as this could damage the wheel.  Now remove two opposing
lug nuts and replace them with your mag lugs and washers.  Tighten these
down and repeat for the the remaining two.  I do the final torque (100ft
pnds) sequence after all the mag lugs are installled.
It's been a long time since I've been active on the list but if I remember
correctly, one of the vendors sold lugs for these wheels with the standard
thread (instead of the 12mm).  You could replace all the studs with metric,
but only if you enjoy pulling axels (grin).

I've been running the six spoke 280Z wheels with this method for 8 years
wtih no problems.

Nruff