Re: Which Thermostat for a 1600?

To: "jtorres67" <jtorres67@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: Which Thermostat for a 1600?
From: "Daryl Smith" <drlsmith@dccnet.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 19:26:45 -0700
I read somewhere a while back that Engine wear was lowest with a coolant
temp close to 190*. Higher temps were said to produce significantly more
wear the higher the temperature.
Lower temps also produced more wear but not as significantly as higher
temperatures.

shooting for an operating temperature in the range of 185 - 190* seems like
the best option to me.

Daryl
'66 "R" 1800, EFI (almost), 5spd.