Re: Fuel line issue - 70 2000 Solex

To: "Matthew A. Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Fuel line issue - 70 2000 Solex
From: "Richard Brown" <reblues@reblues.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 23:37:05 -0400
The return line was used on the SU carbs.  The Solex carbs don't use the
return line, it is just blocked off.  Here is a link to Keith W's
explanation with pictures.

http://www.311s.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4759&highlight=thermal

Here is what it says:
----------------------------
That's a late 1600 setup. The fuel goes into the T closest to the camera
then out of the T with a short piece to the aluminum thermal valve on the
back carb. Out of the thermal valve a 5/16 line goes to the return line on
the firewall. The thermal valve bleeds a small amount of fuel back to the
tank till it gets hot. Then it bleeds more. The idea being to keep cooler
fuel in the system to prevent vapor lock.

I just got the heat shield mounted on my solexes today.  I also cut down
some velocity stacks to fit inside the air cleaners I am using.  I have to
finish tuning up tomorrow.

Hope you make it to Nashville.

Richard.