RE: Electric cars

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Electric cars
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 20:13:01 -0700
Yeah, but the new hybrids don't need to be recharged like the old pure
electrics did. Who knows what technology can come up with? Will it be
possible to have electric vehicles that recharge from solar roof panels?
Maybe.

Any time technology changes, there will be short-term dislocations.
Sometimes they are positive, like not having to remove "noxious droppings"
from city streets as cars took over from horses. Of course, I imagine that
put a fair number of people out of work, along with those who filled the
water troughs and pitched the hay.

It's kind of a shame that change often doesn't happen until it is forced
upon us by circumstances. Seems like we could do better at looking ahead and
being proactive.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA
www.gordon-glasgow.org