I think I need help with my carbs

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: I think I need help with my carbs
From: "Brucciani, Chris" <CBrucciani@archinsurance.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 21:55:39 -0400
I installed my "new" fuel line fittings at the gas tank and immediately
noticed a nice increase in fuel pressure.  Excited, I fired up Pinky and
she sounded strong.  Took off - got half a block and lost power.
Running rough but no power under load.  I felt the coil and it is cool.
I let it settle down to a smooth idle and again took off.  Got about
another half a block with power and then putter putter putter.  Shut her
down for five minutes - start her up and she sounds great, but the same
thing happens again.  This is exactly what was happening when I thought
it was simply a fuel pressure problem.

I did notice that when I lifted the plunger on the rear carb (Closest to
the firewall) there wasn't really any change in idle and I am pretty
sure that ain't right.  These carbs are rebuilt units from a reputable
vendor, but I think there is something going on here.  Any thought are
appreciated as the days to the Mitty are counting down.

Chris Brucciani
Marietta, GA
1968 2000 "Pinky"
1973 240Z

Check out Arch's new and improved "Fresh.Thinking." website at
www.archinsurance.com

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged and
confidential information and is intended only for the use of the individual
and/or entity identified in the alias address of this message. If the reader
responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby requested
not to distribute or copy this communication. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or return
e-mail and delete the original message from your system.