RE: Something new in a Roadster

To: "Erik Miller" <funkaholik@yahoo.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Something new in a Roadster
From: "Tom @ Datsun2000" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 21:13:14 -0700
Now that Mr. Hyde has a 63 Amp GM alternator installed I am considering
installing a low volume hydrogen generator in the trunk and letting the
engine sniff a little hydrogen gas at the air intakes of the carburetors.  I
don't know how this change will effect the grade of gasoline required, but I
am hoping it will allow me to run regular grade gasoline instead of super
without changing heads and using the gaskets I have for the engine rebuild
of the original engine supplied with Mr. Hyde.  I am told that the mileage
could be increased 25-50 percent with a little bit of hydrogen burning along
with the gas.  That would make weekend runs a lot more affordable.  Burning
a little hydrogen also eliminates exhaust emissions, even in a diesel engine
where black smoke can be eliminated too.

Here in Oregon Biodiesel is catching fairly fast.  I see quite a few diesels
running around with Biodiesel stickers on the rear bumper, and smelling a
lot like french fries.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland