RE: racing stripe

To: <geegc@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: racing stripe
From: "James Fogg" <James@jdfogg.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 07:08:29 -0400
> The new Hertz Mustang is black with a gold racing stripe,
> like the old one.
>
> Anyone have a recommendation in LA for a painter who will do
> a similar stripe without costing a fortune?  Has anyone done
> it himself (herself).  Of so, what paint to use?

If affordable is your goal, check http://www.graphic-express.com/ for
vinyl stripes. Vinyl is what both Hertz and Ford is using. The stock
LeMans stripes in a custom gold will do what you want. They can do the
rocker stripe too, but maybe not with the /H designation.

I have an 05 and an 06 Mustang and use products from these guys.

If you have them painted, be aware that the proper way to do it is
expensive. If done cheap they will simply mask and spray. What you end
up with is a stripe that sits higher than the surrounding paint. Vinyl
sits higher too, but paint looks very odd when you do it that way.

----