Re: Frame off - back on!

To: <scirocco14gp@bellsouth.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Frame off - back on!
From: "Richard Brown" <reblues@reblues.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 01:55:56 -0400
Come to the Mitty at Road Atlanta.  Take lots of pictures and look at how
things are supposed to go together.   I have a frame off in progress.  I am
also in the process of slamming a parts car together to use as a daily
driver.  One of the side benefits I hope to get from this is having the
driver as a template for the assembly of the frame off car.  I hope to take
the driver to the Mitty to compare it to other cars to see what I am missing
or have done wrong.

Richard

> Hi guys,
>
> It's been a long time since I've been here.  I've been doing a frame-off
restoration of my '68 since 1996 (yes, that long ago!).  I took a few year
hiatus on it while we moved to Asheville, NC but now it's time to
re-assemble.  The body just came back from the paint shop and it's gorgeous.

> What I need is advice on the process of putting it all back together and
back on the frame.  Suggestions on sequence, things to do before I put the
body back on frame, etc., are appreciated!

> The chassis/frame has been completed for a while, it was powder coated and
everything in the brakes, drivetrain, steering, suspension, etc., was
rebuilt and repainted/replated/powder coated.