RE: Starting a long dead Datsun

To: <geegc@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Starting a long dead Datsun
From: "James Fogg" <James@jdfogg.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 18:52:05 -0400
> Questions -- what might work?  24 volts across the starter?
> Two 12 volt batteries in parallel?  Is there some magic
> starter fluid that I can add to the carbs that will un-gum
> them (I think that's probably the problem).  Anything else to
> look for or try?

Fresh gas is a good idea. Carb cleaner can help clean some stuff up. 24V
is likely to kill something. I would have squirted Marvel Mystery Oil
into all 4 cylinders first, it's still not too late to do that.

Starting fluid (basically it's ether) works great, but is extremely
flamible and dangerous - have a fire extinguisher handy, beware of
backfires and don't let it puddle or collect anywhere. The fumes are
explosive.