RE: u20 hooks

To: "Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net"
Subject: RE: u20 hooks
From: "Tom @ Datsun2000" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 12:49:12 -0700
Shaun,

The hooks that came with U20 engines were mounted on one of the heavy bolts
at the front of the head at right side of the timing chain cover.  The rear
hook attached at the rear manifold bolt on the left side of the engine.

I did not have these hooks and went to the local U-Pull-It wrecking yard
where I found a suitable set of hooks on later model Nissan cars.  I also
found a nice set of manifold nuts with built-in washers, which I brought
home and used to put the manifold on my engine.  No fussing with washers.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland
http://www.datsun2000.com