Found a 'surprise' in my intake tract.

To: <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Found a 'surprise' in my intake tract.
From: "Daniel Neuman" <neuman@radonc17.ucsf.edu>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 12:38:58 -0800
Hello All,

            Man a spent a lot of yesterday taking off my fricken solex
intake manifold and exhaust manifold.man that is a giant pain in the butt..
You need monkey long arms and the hands of a little girl to get those dang
lower nuts off the studs.youch my back still hurts.

            Anywho, got the intake manifold off and found a surprise for me
in the head.  It would appear that one of the air horn bolts form the
adjacent cylinder got loose and got sucked into the intake valve of the #2
cylinder.  I was able to fish the bolt out and boy is it sure beat to hell.
The head of the bolt was big enough that it didn't fall completely into the
cylinder just the threaded part got bashed around by the valve and I bet it
was the bolt that also contacted the piston top.

            Wish me luck I am going to attempt to remove the head
today..course all the helpful emails y'all sent me are at work and I am not
going back there for over a week!!!! (yahooooo!!!!). I got the manual and a
dim memory of what y'all told me to do.

            I am going to do a leakdown check of all the cylinders before I
remove the head just to get some sort of baseline. (yes I know it will be a
engine cold test).

            Daniel Neuman

            Oakland CA

            69 2000