Re: How about fuel injection for your roadster?

To: andycost@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: How about fuel injection for your roadster?
From: "gregs672liter@netzero.com" <gregs672liter@netzero.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 06:56:47 GMT
Damn it Andy, there you go again, gettin me all stirred up about injecting my
Roadster!  Seems like the easy part is the throttle bodies, and you have found
someone who can make the injector bungs.  The hard part is the controller.  I
have read about the Mega Squirt system and looked at various web sites
including Simple Digital Systems (who suggested that their system was better
suited for racing than street), but I don't know.  I go back and forth.  I
could spend a lot of money and time on EFI and potentially not be happy.  Or I
could spend money and time with a good A/F sensor, a dyno and a number of jets
and get serious about tuning my sidedrafts... and still not be happy, or happy
here but not at different altitudes.  Still, dyno time, O2 sensor and jets are
cheaper.  EFI if it worked could be much more precise and flexible if done
right... argh!  Well, here is a thought:  If you already have the
Weber/Mikuni/SK/Whatever carbs (not SU), couldn't they be used as "throttle
bodies" and just fit injectors into the manifold, thereby saving the cost of
the throttle bodies?
I hate you Andy :-)
Greg Burrows

-- "Andy Cost" <andycost@earthlink.net> wrote:
I have explored the options for Fuel injection.  I found a vendor that sells
bungs for the fuel injectors that will screw into the smog ports on the SU
or solex manifold.  He is the ebay link below.  I also found Jenvey link
below.  They have much better prices for the throttle bodies.  They have
single throttle bodies that will bolt up in place of an SU carb.  I was
thinking about building  fuel injection kits using some of these parts and
then selling them.  Originally I was going to inject my U20 on the race car
but repeated breakage of motors and trannies made me do a KA24DE swap
instead.

http://www.jenvey.co.uk/

http://picasso.org/mjlj/?q=taxonomy/page/or/1

http://www.rceng.com/technical.htm