restoration question

To: <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: restoration question
From: "Jim Sylvester" <jim.sylvester@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:56:34 -0600
Still working on my interior.. (and having fun!)

I've got a few holes in the floorpan and don't understand their function.

Two, I know, are where the seat studs pass through.  I also know the two
large ones in the footwells are for rubber plugs (p.s..anyone know where I
can get new ones?  The ones I removed were rotted).

That leaves two additional holes near where the seat studs pass through and
two holes at the far end of each foot well that serve no discernable purpose
that I know of.  Should these "extra" holes be plugged before I put down the
carpet matting?  If so, are there rubber plugs that were factory installed?

I'm attaching a link to better illustrate what I'm talking about.  Please
excuse the difficulty in spotting in the pictures what I'm talking about;
POR15 is great stuff but not that great for photography!

Thanks, and Merry Christmas everyone!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/jimsylvester