OT- we finally got a 'practical' car..

To: "'Datsun Roadster Forum'" <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: OT- we finally got a 'practical' car..
From: "Daniel Neuman" <neuman@radonc17.ucsf.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 17:06:56 -0800
Hey All,
        So this weekend we bought a practical car.  We picked up a 91 Honda
Civic Si.  It's the kinda used car you are glad to find.  The PO didn't do
any work on it himself, he even paid to have the wiper blades replaced!! I
have this giant thick folder with all the work that's been done on it going
back to 95 when he bought it.  He kept up with the scheduled maint
religiously.  Everything works on the darn thing..even the AC blows cold.  I
can't remember how long its been where we had a car where everything works
like its supposed to.  One thing he didn't do was clean the car much...man
was it dirty on the inside.  Irene and I spent all Saturday scrubbing it
inside and out.  It looks not to bad now and I am sure we are going to be
the envy of all the 17yr old Asian males we see....  The car was 'riced out'
by the original owner with a little momo steering wheel, shift knob,
aftermarket rims with wide tires and a cheesy 'ground effects kit' that's
falling apart.  I also think that the suspension was stiffened because I
can't believe it came out of the factory that way.  Its almost as harsh of a
ride as a roadster with comp front springs and the stiff shocks.
        If anyone has any good advice for this particular car I would love
to hear it.
        The paint is famous oxidized Honda red.  Does anybody know of a
product that actually will make the paint look better?

        Daniel Neuman
        Oakland CA