Re: U20 into an MGA?

To: Adam Bradley <ambradley@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: U20 into an MGA?
From: linob@sentex.net
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:39:50 -0400
I'm helping a good freind restore his 2nd MGA ... I'm always bugging him about
using one of the spare U20's I have to power his 'A'.  Technically it should
fit, same basic lay-out.  Forget about the comp. oil pan - cross member is in
the way.  5 speed would be easy as well.  For his current car we've adapted a
280Z 5 speed - it fits with little trouble.

As far as costs go... you would have to throw large bags of $$'s at an MG motor
to get anywhere near 100 HP, yet alone the bigger bag of $$ to get near the 150
HP the U20 would put out. The U20 would be a bargain in comparison.  A stroked
1600 would be a better bet, or better yet, a modern fuel injected Nissan or
2.0L Ford engine.

Lino B.

SRL-00016