Re: RE: Drag Racing at Sears Point this Wednesday

To: gogineni.alvin@GENE.COM
Subject: Re: RE: Drag Racing at Sears Point this Wednesday
From: Phill Brook <fairlady@telstra.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 20:30:04 +1000
This is a U20, stock Solex "B" cam, 45mm webers instead of solexes, a lot of
weight taken out of the bottom end and a bit of extra compression (still has to
run on pump gas, equivalent to U.S. 95/96 octane).

With only about 1000 miles on the engine, the Dyno chart showed a bit over 96kw
(126hp) at the rear wheels. The engine now has over 3000 miles on it and I will
soon be replacing the solid fan with a clutch type. With a tweak of the carb
jetting to lean it off a touch, I'm hoping for over 100kw (130hp) at the rear
wheels next time it goes up on the dyno.

The car also has a 4.111 rear end, hence the need to change to 4th to get a
higher terminal speed than 88mph.

I may take it back to the strip in a couple of weeks with a 3.9 rear end.

Regards,
Phill Brook