Re: Soft top frame restoration.

To: Graeme Suckling <graemes@saonline.com.au>,
Subject: Re: Soft top frame restoration.
From: Russell Southwell <rulee@motion.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 10:12:43 -0500
Graeme, good to here from you again, all is fine here though my brother
to a few hits from the hurricanes(he lives near
and works at Kennedy Space Center) he was one of the lucky ones with
only cosmetic damage.
on the rear bar you could wire brush it ,then use a coating like POR or
an epoxy paint. I think that an aluminium
alloy bar would corrode more if moisture were trapped in the pocket of
the top, but a stainless bar would do great.
I cleaned my bar, then blued it with a cold blue sollution (used on
guns) looks good but have never pit the top back on
only drive in good weather, and my wifes van sits outside while the
roadster resides in the garage.
Uss Southwell 70 1600