Won't start - what's the drill?

To: "Datsun List" <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Won't start - what's the drill?
From: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:57:04 -0700
We dropped off the Ranger at the dealer last night and it's still nice, so I
thought it would be fun to take the roadster to work today. It has started
all four times before, but not today. I'm wondering if there's a drill for
these beasties?

It started to fire a couple times, but I could not get it to keep going. I'm
smelling some gas (not much), so wonder if I'm flooding it. I try for a few
minutes, then hook up the battery charger and wait 15-minutes before trying
again. I'm into my fourth cycle now.

I've tried different choke settings. It's a cool 60-ish this morning.

Btw, in the middle of moving, so the only tool I have here is a screwdriver.

Pete
Seattle, WA
1966 1600 (SPL311-00799)

---