1500 buildup

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1500 buildup
From: <gerardomagana@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 23:10:49 -0700
Well, It has been a busy month for me, I finally was able to complete the
buildup on the front suspension on the 1500.  Many changes occurred to the
front, including a disc brake setup for the front.  The rear is going to be
updated with a 2000 rearend and The drivetrain will be a KA24DE.  My
completion time for paint is two weeks away!!!  The frame was powdercoated,
all new nuts and bolts placed on the frame for every single piece that went
back on.  I have to sit and catalog all the bolts & nuts this week so I can
make a good list for reference for others that want to do replace all of
theirs.  I placed a comp suspension for the front as well.  My wife is finally
getting a little anxious as she knows that I am building this car for her and
can almost see the end in sight.  The body has had one modification, It has
been updated to have vent wing windows that open,  and the windshield will
have the mounts for the visors.  I am taking all of my favorite things from
other car's to make this one as unique as possible.  I am hoping to have a
completed project by the time Solvang comes around next year.  I will be
posting some pics soon.
    On the other hand I finally brought SRL # 79 home, Looks like this project
car is going to have to sit for a couple of years, that gives me enough time
to collect all the missing pieces that it has (It really isnt missing much).
I also dragged home a 70 2000 today, roadster population at the house is 3 1/2
until.  It will go to 4 once the body and frame of the 1500 meet again.
Later,
Gerardo