Exhaust Manifold Install

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Exhaust Manifold Install
From: roadster68 <roadster68@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 15:19:23 -0600
Well I need some more help.  I have just resumed my restoration and the
exhaust manifold is giving me trouble.  After reading the manual I must have
taken it out w/ the engine.  I installed the engine and tranny quite a while
ago.  Of course, I did not have the exhaust manifold connected.  Now  I find
there is no way to get it in place from above or below.  Does this mean I
have to disconnect the motor mounts, drive shaft etc and lift the engine six
inches or so?  Man please say it isn't so.  Or, can I just undo the motor
mounts and lift the drive train, as one unit, to get the required clearance?
Larry.