RE: OT-where to mount an aftermarket temp sender.

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: OT-where to mount an aftermarket temp sender.
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 19:56:33 -0700
Mounting it in the water pump will show you the temperature of the water
after it has gone through the radiator, so that won't be all that helpful.
You won't be able to correlate that reading with anything.

If you don't mind spending a few bucks to destroy a radiator hose, you could
splice in a piece of metal tubing halfway up the upper radiator hose and
weld in a threaded fitting for the sending unit. This would give you the
temp coming straight out of the engine.

Gordon