OT-where to mount an aftermarket temp sender.

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: OT-where to mount an aftermarket temp sender.
From: "Daniel Neuman" <neuman@RadOnc17.UCSF.Edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:02:21 -0700
ON a Chevy small block 350 that is..
I'm trying to figure out if our truck is overheating or if it's a flakey
temp gauge. I bought a fancy-schmancy auto-meter temp gauge. The guy at the
speed shop said to mount it in the water neck.  My truck does not have a
mounting boss for that.  I mounted the sender in the plug (that looks like
it was made for it) in the water pump.  Is this a good location for it?  I
have asked on other boards but have not received a good answer yet.  Need to
be sure of the temp when hauling a big load thru the Nevada desert in
August.
        Thanks,

        Daniel Neuman
        Oakland CA