Re: Cutting parts away

To: "Andy Cost" <andycost@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Cutting parts away
From: Marc&Heidi <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 11:00:55 -0500
Crazy idea time...
Okay, I imagine that the parts you are talking about removing  are the
inner fenders and box-section portions that Gordon mentions.  That
section seems pretty strong and if it doesn't actually add rigidity to
the frame, it certainly does add stiffnessto the front sheetmetal (or
in your case fiberglass).  Would it help to strengthen the front
bodywork to fuse them into a single piece and have a tip-forward bonnet
like a bugeye or Spitfire?  There are ways to make super light
fiberglass box-sections(more accurately half-round sections) with
mattress-foam and spray glue.
(Learned this trick in the Monster Business) You could stiffen the
bonnet with a couple of those.

-Marc