Re: Cutting parts away

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cutting parts away
From: Andy Cost <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 10:45:58 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Do you mean 10-15 pounds for one inner fender and box section?  The doors are
down to the skin.  The fenders and hood are fiberglass.  The trunk lid is steel
but only weighs a couple of pounds anyway.  I could gut the trunk lid and
remove the hinges to save a few pounds.  It looks like I'll have to cut lots of
other stuff away.  I guess I can replace some of the sheet metal with aluminum.
 Maybe converting to coilovers with a three link in the rear would save some
weight.  Those leaf springs are pretty heavy.  I could also lose the frame from
the rear axle back if I converted to coil overs.