RE: Windshield Wiper Assembly - Help needed

To: "'roadster68'" <roadster68@shaw.ca>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Windshield Wiper Assembly - Help needed
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 11:07:39 +0930
Subject: Windshield Wiper Assembly - Help needed

> Hello List,  Well I am starting to reassemble my 68.  It has been apart
for
> so long I don't remember which way everything goes.  Some are obvious.  I
> should have taken more photos.  1.)  Each rod that connects to and drives
> the wipers first pokes through from underdash area and towards the sky.
> Does it point more up or more down.  It seems as thought the key holes
they
> slide through are the same size top and bottom.  2.)  Does one rubber
washer
> go on either side of the body where the rods pass through?  I hope this
> makes sense.  Larry.

Hi Larry, I think I understand your problem(?)
Try to arrange the wiper arm pivots to be at right angles to the windshield
glass.
The orientation of the pivots will be as above or at a weird angle when
inverted.
It is not a big issue to rotate them later if you decide to try them the other
way round.
My '65 SP310 only has a keyhole notch at the top of the pivot hole.
I believe you are right with the washers, they go either side of the body
aperture to provide a weather proof seal at this point.
Use nice fresh washers and perhaps a smear of silicon sealant as well to avoid
any possibility of leaks.
I hope this helps!

Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner.
1972 PL510 2 door - VG30ET on Autogas.
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2004 specs.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290669159
Adelaide, South Australia.

---