Re: Frankenroadsters

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Frankenroadsters
From: Fairladyracing@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 21:05:24 EDT

Actually, it seems many people have missed the point of contention with this
car. Modifying a car is one thing, confusing the identity of the car is
another. Just ask anyone who has tried to register a car and found that the
frame
number no longer matches the ID plate. Especially when it is the State Police
that are doing the vehicle inspection. Even worse when you are taking a car
across borders such as Canada.
Saving a car is noble, but it is not legal to mix and match frames, ID
plates, and titles. The problems usually arise only when the car is being sold
to an
uninformed party down the road. Just ask Craig about the confusion with #38
years ago. Hopefully, the Salvage Title incorporates all the legalese for this
car to continue on the road for many years.
While we concentrate on our cars being original, we are also building a
"special". However, it will always be a 68 2000 as far as the paperwork goes,
just
not "original".

Thanks.

Dan & Susan