Re: Brakes

To: tom@acmehomesales.com, garretson2@cox.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brakes
From: Geegc@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 16:24:11 EDT
In 1966 I lost the brakes on my 1600 in southern Illinois on the Adlai E.
Stevenson Highway when the wheel rubbed a hole in the front line, after I did
something stupid in Chicago (only one of the many stupid things I did in
Chicago
that trip).  It was a Sunday, and we waited until Monday to find a Datsun
dealer, a good job in E. St. Louis at the time, who said, sure we can get them
from Houston, it will take a week.

So we went to a local auto parts store and the counterman said it looked like
a Chevy part.  Sure enough, with a little extra bend it fit right in.  It is
still on the car.

So try the local places, they may have something close.

Gary C