RE: Brakes

To: "garretson2" <garretson2@cox.net>,
Subject: RE: Brakes
From: "Tom Hendricksen" <tom@acmehomesales.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 11:35:39 -0700
Rick,

The factory hard lines may be very hard to find.  Most auto parts houses
stock both SAE and Metric brake lines in assorted lengths with the
connectors already installed.  With the aid of a bender and a careful choice
of length you may be able to replace your brake lines with these off the
shelf parts.  My parts car has a loop in the right side of the rear axel
brake line to shorten the length of an off the shelf brake line.

You can also build your own brake lines from scratch.  That requires a
flaring tool, tube cutter, and a bender.  MAKE SURE YOU USE A DOUBLE FLARE
FLARING TOOL.  Failure to follow this advice can lead to leaking brake line
connections, and unexpected loss of braking.  The materials for building
your own hydraulic lines can be found at better parts houses.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland
http://www.acmehomesales.com/datsun