Re: volvo brake conversion

To: Mtbdavid2@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: volvo brake conversion
From: Beamonk@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 19:54:45 EDT
I have done the conversion, and frankly, the brakes are great, but there is
way too much front bias. I have some calipers off an early Porsche 911/356 with
skinny rotors. I am going to try a conversion at some point using these
calipers. I think the piston size is much more compatible and one will only
have to
run one line for the conversion. As I work on it I will let all know. These
calipers are made by ATE and were available on several cars, rebuilt ones can
be found fairly cheaply. I think the four piston Volvo's are just a little too
much for these rotors, especially when pushed hard.

John Brasfield