Re: looking for rotors and calipers

To: <Mtbdavid2@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: looking for rotors and calipers
From: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster@schroeder-family.us>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 03:34:09 -0500
David, I wouldn't replace the caliper cylinders.  Having them rebuilt with
SS or brass inserts is a better way to go.  This will make them permanent as
neither SS or brass will rust.  It will cost about $20 more per cylinder but
it will be the last time you will ever have to bother with them.  I'm sure
that there are a number of places that will perform this service but I know
that White Post Restorations will do it.  They are located at
http://www.whitepost.com/

The seals are readily available from our vendors and are quite reasonable
the last time I bought them.  The rotors are available as well but I've
never bought any so I don't know the prices.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
'70 2000
SRL311-13359
TDROC
Home page http://schroeder-family.us
e-mail  roadster@schroeder-family.us

Behold the superfluous. They are always sick. They
vomit their gall and call it a newspaper.
Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche   1844-1900