RE: Costs of running

To: "'Carl Flippin'" <carlf@perite.org>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Costs of running
From: "Todd Barker" <barkert@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 20:55:19 -0700
Carl,

I used my 1600 with a 2 liter solex for many years as a daily driver. My
experience shows that once the parts such as the alternator, regulator, and
master cylinders are replaced, the daily reliability is good. I have never
really had any other expenses. Gas mileage tends to be around 25mpg,
depending upon how it is driven. It is a bit stiff riding and noisy for a
daily driver, but that is part of the fun of the roadster.

Todd Barker

Hi all,
    I'm new to this list but I have a question. My sister is very interested
in getting a Datsun 2000 and I'm wondering:

Do any of you use a 2000 as a daily driver? How appropriate is it as a daily
driver?

If any of you use your 2000 in that way, what is the average yearly upkeep
for a 2000 if it is bought in good condition to begin with?

Thanks for any information you can offer.