RE: rear-end swap

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: rear-end swap
From: "Brian Hollands" <bhollan4@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 18:45:58 -0400
You can swap the entire third member from one axle housing to the other.
That's easier than swapping the ring and pinions which you can do also
but, that requires re-setting the pinion depth and carrier bearing
pre-load.
You can also leave the 3.90 from the 1600 in place.  I have a 4.11 in my
car and had a 4.38 and thought they were both great.  The 4.38 is a bit
much for highway cruising but I turn 4000 RPM at 77mph with the 4.11
rear end and 195/60-14 Falken Azenis.  I like the shorter rear ends and
would only leave the 3.70 in a Roadster anymore if it was primarily a
highway cruiser.
My 2 cents.

Brian '69 2000
Tampa, FL