New findings re: Safety harnesses and Stock or Miata seats

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: New findings re: Safety harnesses and Stock or Miata seats
From: "Doctor Evil" <doctor_evil@fastmail.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 16:16:32 +0000 (UTC)
Hello everybody!

So it's that time of year up here in the great white north, the snow is
gone, and it's time to pull the roadster out of the barn.

Owing to the fact that I have 1967 seatbelts and a non-collapsable
steering wheel (the impaler), I'm thinking that maybe some new
seatbelts, and maybe a rollcage might be in order.

I have been searching the 'net, and have seen some neat things.  I
particularly like the Schroth Autocontrol harnesses, but when I was on
the soloracer.com website, they had some comment on seat shapes.

See it here: http://www.soloracer.com/harnschrothfaq.html

So what have all of you out there with racing harnesses done?  Has
anyone (God forbid) actually been in an accident? Are these guys just
covering their butts? (the logic seems good to me, though)

In light of these recent findings does anyone have any suggestions that
don't involve replacing seats?

Thanks

Dave
67 2000