Fwd: Iron Bottom

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Iron Bottom
From: Geegc@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:49:01 EST
This is what I got from the tour disorganizer!'

Who wants to go?

Gary C

   From: EPas356@aol.com
   Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 00:51:59 EST
   Subject: Re: Iron Bottom

SIXTH ANNUAL NO FRILLS
IRON BOTTOM MOTORING TOUR
FINAL NOTICE

Some last minute information:

The only way we have to communicate with participants is via       e mail.
If you know anyone who should be on our contact list ask them to send an e
mail and put NFIBMT on the subject line.

With the publicity we got in the January 04 issue of Automobile we
expect a record turn out.  Plan to arrive early 7:00AM. Get signed in,
get your tour book, and be ready to go. We will leave at 7:30AM.
Thursday April 8, 2004.
Remember this event is free so the disorganizers have no incentive to
wait for you if you are late.  If you miss the start we will be having lunch
at the In N Out Burger in Atascadero.

Be ready to make your reservation for our NEW EVENT, the all hands dinner in
Paso Robles, on Friday night.  The price is $23 per person, this includes tax
tip and non alcoholic drinks.  Bring cash and bring exact change.

Bring some kind of name tag so we can call one another by name.

See you at the Rose Bowl early on April 8th.

Non Cranius Invertus Rectumus

Ed & Jack
6th Annual
No Frills Iron Bottom Motoring Tour
THE THREE DAY 1,000 MILE VINTAGE TOUR WITH NO ENTRY FEE
THIS IS THE VINTAGE TOUR WHERE YOU ARE ALLOWED TO DRIVE YOUR OWN CAR ON
PUBLIC ROADS FOR FREE.
A REVOLUTIONARY CONCEPT

Who can participate?  Anyone with a pre 1976 motor vehicle

When & Where? Meet at 7:00am on Thursday April 8, 2004 at Arroyo Blvd. and
Seco St. near the South end of the Rose Bowl in Pasadena

What does it cost?  There is no entry fee. Participants are responsible for
their own overnight motel arrangements and their own food

Overnight stops?  King City on April 8th at Keefers Inn 831 385 4843: Paso
Robles on April 9th at Adelaide Inn 800 549 7276

What do I get? Three days of fun and fellowship with other car crazy people
who love their old cars.  No T Shirts, No Dash Plaques, No Grill Badges

Something new.  There will be an all hands gala dinner in Paso Robles on
Friday April 9, 2004. Those who attend ($23 each) will be eligible for awards
recognizing driving skill (or lack thereof).  Remember we have no budget, so
don't bring extra luggage to haul your trophy home.

How do I sign up? You don't. Just be at the Rose Bowl at 7:00am on Thursday,
April 8, 2004.  You'll get a copy of the route instructions.

We will depart promptly at 7:30am
WE GO RAIN, SNOW OR MUD.

How do I get more information?  You've got to be kidding.  This is a free
event. We have no staff. After you have read this flyer you know as much about
the event as anyone else on the planet.

PLEASE COPY THIS NOTICE AND POST IT WHERE GEARHEADS WILL SEE IT. THERE ARE NO
FORMAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
OUR ADVERTISING IS RESTRICTED TO WORD OF MOUTH

OUR MOTTO:  NON CRANIUS INVERTUS RECTUMUS

Why This is a No Frills Event and What you need to Know

WE PASS THROUGH AN ACTIVE MILITARY INSTALLATION BRING DRIVERS LICENSE,
REGISTRATION AND PROOF OF CURRENT INSURANCE OR YOU WONT BE ALLOWED ON THE
POST an alternate route will be provided

BRING A MAP: Auto Club California Map is adequate.  A Thomas Bros.
California Road Atlas published before Thomas Bros became part of Rand
Mc Nally, is the best map to c arry.  Donbt run out and buy the
current edition, it no longer includes many of our beloved back
roads. They call that progress.

BRING A NAME TAG: From the office, your car club, Rotary, Kiwanis whatever.
We would like to call each other by name.  If you yell "Hey dummy" in a
crowd of vintage car owners, everyone turns around.

Carry a cell phone. If you break down you are on your own.  Other
participants may stop and offer help, because they are fellow gear heads.
However:
YOU ARE ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN CAR

Accommodations
Pasadena / Arcadia (4/7/04)
Hampton Inn, Arcadia, 626 574 5600
Best Western Colorado Inn, 626 793 9339
Best Western Pasadena Inn. 626 796 9100
Comfort Inn 626 405 0811

King City (4/8/04)
Keefer's Inn 831 385 4843
Best Western 831 385 6733, Sage Motel 831 385 3274
Comfort Inn 831 385 4141, Days Inn 831 385 5921, Motel 6 831 385 5000

Paso Robles (4/9/04)
Adelaide Inn 800 549 7276
Black Oak Motor Lodge 805 238 4740, Travelodge 800 578 7878
Holiday Inn 800 465 4329

Unsponsored Meals
Pre Event anquet & Car Show 4/7/04 Robins Restaurant
395 N.Rosemead, Pasadena 6PM
Breakfast 4/8//03 On your own in Pasadena
Lunch 4/8/03 In N Out Burger, Atascadero
Dinner 4/8/03 & Breakfast 4/9/04 Keefers Inn, King City
Lunch 4/9/04 A&W Root Beer, Hollister
NEW FEATURE
GALA ALL HANDS DINNER MCLINTOCK'S PASO ROBLES
$23 PER PERSON
FRIDAY APRIL 9TH   6:30PM
April 10th, Breakfast Mc Donalds Paso Robles
Lunch April 10th on your own on the road