Re: R16 tear down?

To: Paul <9laser3@bright.net>, Roadsters
Subject: Re: R16 tear down?
From: "datsun parts.com" <datsunpartsdotcom@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:56:05 -0800 (PST)
   Bend your hand around the back of the manifold...Have a friend hit the
radiocarpal joint seperating it from the tissue in the styloid process of  your
wrist.  A punch driven by a ball-peen hammer works. This will allow your wrist
to move beyond the 90 degree point enabling you to loosen the nut. March
specials: Bayer Pain Relief On sale!   Dean

Paul <9laser3@bright.net> wrote:What's the secret to getting that last nut off
on the manifold, just under
#4 intake? On the race R16's that I'm used to working on the header is
further away from the block and I can get my arm in from the front after the
radiator is out of the way. But on my roadster, the header hugs the block
and I can't get in there.

And in case you're wondering, I'll claim this as a senior moment. Yes I
had this motor out if this car just two years ago and I don't remember
having a problem then!?

Paul Kort
1969 1600