Was heater valve, now street chrome

To: datsunmike@nyc.rr.com, twobeaners@earthlink.net,
Subject: Was heater valve, now street chrome
From: "Jim Cawrse" <nqrithjim@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:51:01 +0000
I used a chrome guy in Richmond Virginia who charged 125 a bumper to
straighten it out,
braze up the rust holes, and chrome it with "street chrome" (as opposed to
show chrome).
Its not great, but very much better than the dented rusty POS that I gave
him.  I had to sign a
release saying it would not be perfect when I picked it up.  But, price is
good, and my car is not
show quality anyway!  If you drive fast the chrome looks perfect to
passer-bys.  Windshield chunks were
25 or 30 each, same with door handles.  In fact any little thing minimum
price was 25 or 30.  I think
I spent $700 on chrome for my early 67, and used rattle can chrome on some
of the other little parts to
save some money.

Last year I had him do the bumpers and door handles for the 1972 510
Sportwagon project, prices
were the same.  I had heard that 240/260 door handles are same as 510 and
are available new for
$12, but this was obviously a matter of great mirth for the Nissan parts
counter men I asked, so I paid
30 each to get mine re-chromed.  If I would have done the bumper overriders
they would have been
30 each also.

Best Regards,
Jim

>From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
>To: "mike" <twobeaners@earthlink.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Re: Heater valve
>Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 21:09:49 -0500
>
>Save a lot for chrome - it's $$$$$, especially the early cars w/the chrome
>w/s frame.
>
>Glad to hear you rebuilt yours. I did that several years ago and it still
>doesn't leak.
>
>Mike

online games and music with a high-speed Internet connection!  Prices start
at less than $1 a day average.  https://broadband.msn.com (Prices may vary
by service area.)