RE: Chassis Thickness

To: "'Graeme Suckling'" <graemes@saonline.com.au>, <slowboy@cox.net>,
Subject: RE: Chassis Thickness
From: <stebharvey@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 05:06:09 -0600
"Does anyone know the largest metal thickness on the Roadster? This is
for welding reference.

Thank you!"

I recently welded in new metal between the drivers door and rear wheel
well. If I recall correctly, the base metal is around 0.060" thick. I
was able to use my wire feed welder to spot weld the new panel in place.
It took many spots to completely join the metal pieces and I did burn a
few small holes during the process but was able to fill in the holes and
proceed. I was afraid to do the job myself until I got a quote from a
body shop to do the work. That was a great motivator.

Steve Harvey