Re: mirror location

To: "Leigh Brooks" <shifty@shiftco.com>,
Subject: Re: mirror location
From: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster@schroeder-family.us>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 18:12:04 -0600
I have about the same mirrors as shown in your picture.  They are located on
the crown of the fender 29" from the headlight.

I was curious as to why mine were made by Lucas.  I'm sure that they are
original as there are no signs of a mirror being mounted anywhere else.
After doing some checking I was told that one might find a variety of
mirrors on our cars.  According to the information I got, our cars came into
the country without mirrors.  They were installed by the dealer.  Depending
upon what other cars the dealer handled, the mirrors would be whatever they
had in stock.  Anyone have any comments regarding this?

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
'70 2000
SRL311-13359
TDROC
Home page http://schroeder-family.us
e-mail  roadster@schroeder-family.us

Behold the superfluous. They are always sick. They
vomit their gall and call it a newspaper.
Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche   1844-1900